[Mldonkey-users] Re: eMules and lugdunums

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: eMules and lugdunums
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:41:59 +0100

Matthias Witassek <address@hidden> wrote:

> Basically Lugdunum's p65 is only fair, although it's a bit offensive to
> ban 80% of the users :-)

Well, if they use a client which is offensive to the servers by
connecting to a server but dropping the connection a few seconds
afterwards, it can only be fair to limit those clients.

> But that shouldn't last for long as many of them will switch to
> modified eMule clients. And I don't think he will stop developing
> servers.

I don't think he has to.

Servers need to protect themselves, or they will be run down by the
clients trying to connect.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #130: