Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet: servers.ini

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet: servers.ini
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:36:25 +0100

Garvin Hicking wrote...
> Which format are overnet-peers expected in the servers.ini file?
> It looks like that:
> overnet_peers = [
>         (C62982989832098saf0980908, "80.59.43.106", 5808, 0);
>         (C124112498112FQ1211231313, "80.133.252.60", 10553, 1)]
> Because my servers.ini is always empty I want to parse the URL http://
> overnet.wiretapped.us/contact.ocl into a correct format. The format in the
> ocl-file seems to be reverse; the last var seems to be an MD-hash and the
> IP is the first var.

Well, it seems you use on older version of mldonkey...please use an
actual cvs-snapshot - the overnet boot is implemented correct there
(uses the right url to boot from) so you dont have to add them by hand...

> But for what is the last variable in the above format used for? Is it a
> "number of connection tries" or something like that?

Sorry, cant help you with that....

> Another question: If I want to use Overnet, for which messages do I have
> to lookout in mldonkey-debug output? I get strings like:

You cant see it! Only if you enter the command ovstats you can see if
you are connected to overnet peers.

> But there is no "Network Overnet registered". Is this correct this way?

Overnet and eDonkey is technical the same network - they use the same
transport protocol...they only differ in server connects (ie the lack
of those). So overnet support is not especially mentioned there
because it counts as edonkey....