Re: [Mldonkey-users] mlchat on remote computer ?

From: [b8]Zoggy
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mlchat on remote computer ?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:29:09 +0100

Hi,

> i wanted to ask if there's a way to run mlchat or similar application on a
> remote computer to get the messages sent to a mld core running on a gtkless
> box..

Yes, you can change the following values in the downloads.ini file, to tell the
core how to connect to mlchat, which can be running on another machine

chat_app_port = 5036
chat_app_host = "your gtk-enabled machine"

(* port used by the external chat application to use the core as a proxy *)
chat_port = 4002

(* The IP address used to bind the chat server *)
chat_bind_addr = "0.0.0.0"

(* the id to use for communicating with the core console through chat interface
*)
chat_console_id = "donkey console"

(* use the chat to indicate when a file has been downloaded *)
chat_warning_for_downloaded = false

Then, from mlchat you can send commands to the core. Beware that you must have
put the mlchat machine address in the allowed_ips variable.

> then is there a way to send them to a windows app.. i've not seen any port of
> mlchat to win

If you want to use the mlchat protocol to 'discuss' with mldonkey in a windows
app, you'll have to implement the mlchat protocol in a tool app. I detailed the
protocol in a message on this list last month.

Hope this helps,

--
Zoggy