Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet support - patch number 1

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet support - patch number 1
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:43:56 +0100

> Please keep in mind that this is the first version of this overnet
> update, it does not expose much configuration options. I am looking for
> feedback, tell me if it works !

Nice work !

> This overnet patch is still in developpement, next steps are :
> - better search
> - complete network insertion : answer Queries from other Overnet peers
> (keyword and files)

If you send new patches, would it be possible to have them
incremental, so that we only have to apply new changes ?

> - Fix: Removed BCP type2 support for now

Why ? what is the difference exactly ?

> - Wait before sending 29 (is there a way to flush the udp_sock buffer ?)

You have to be careful with that. The bandwidth control is already bad
in mldonkey, don't make it worse ! Maybe it could be possible to have
an event 'sent', ie a function called when the last message to be sent
before 29 has been sent ?

A commit will probably happen this evening, with a large part of
pango's patch and yours. If you can follow your dev from there, it
would ease further integrations of your mods.

- MLdonkey