Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet support - patch number 1

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet support - patch number 1
Date: 09 Dec 2002 13:36:05 +0100

> > - Fix: Removed BCP type2 support for now
>
> Why ? what is the difference exactly ?

As far as I know for now :
- bcp://ip:port type -> you can ask ip:port for the file
- bcp://md4:ip:port -> the ip:port is the address of one refering peer
which does not have the file, but who has received the correct
MD4/IP_SOURCE/PORT_SOURCE pair by a 21/22 packet. Moreover, the
originating peer has also published at his MD4 address the ip and the
port of its refering peer ("ip", "port").

Is it possible to ask for the correct IP, or do we have to use the
refering peer as a proxy (which would be very clever : you can not sue
ppl because you can never be 100% sure that he does have the file) ?

Whatever, I'll investigate more traces about this protocol issue.

> > - Wait before sending 29 (is there a way to flush the udp_sock buffer ?)
>
> You have to be careful with that. The bandwidth control is already bad
> in mldonkey, don't make it worse ! Maybe it could be possible to have
> an event 'sent', ie a function called when the last message to be sent
> before 29 has been sent ?

Yes, this is just a preliminary idea on this issue.

In fact, I'm thinking about "storing events" in overnet because most of
this protocol is Reply/Answer based. As we use in mldonkey a stateless
scheme, it implies that we have no way to store/know if peer is up/good
or not. Being able to score peers could refine our eviction scheme in
the peer list.

> A commit will probably happen this evening, with a large part of
> pango's patch and yours. If you can follow your dev from there, it
> would ease further integrations of your mods.

Got it.

Norbert