[Mldonkey-users] servers refusing mldonkey clients?

From: Brett Dikeman
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] servers refusing mldonkey clients?
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:30:07 -0500

Folks,

I'd been struggling with getting files...having a lot of trouble, not getting -any- sources on files which jigle(www.jigle.com) claims there are tons of sources for, etc.

One file had a claimed 66 sources- after over an hour, still not a single one.

While I find various servers such as Animereactor will accept mldonkey clients(as long as you have "[ARC]" in your username, which annoys me to no end), a couple of the HUGE servers(namely AdaNET and Silent Bob) never accept connections from my client.

Jigle has a display where it will show the # of sources for a particular server by user, and sure enough, most if not all of the 60 sources were on AdaNET and SilentBob.

So, the question is whether anyone else can connect to the previously mentioned servers. I know they're up- they're being indexed by jigle, and they accept a telnet connection to their server port # from my system(so no blocking/odd routing problems going on.)

Anyone?

Thanks,
Brett
(please make sure to CC me if you respond.)