Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey may forward overnet locations to emul

From: Michael Kroez
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] mldonkey may forward overnet locations to emule
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:20:04 +0100

MLdonkey wrote:

I doubt thats mldonkeys work.

Well, mldonkey may have participated, by spreading some overnet
sources around.

His eMule ran about some hours, distributing his IP and port for his
shares and he stops emule, starts overnet, and is wondering about emules
in overnet? Its the same port, so he does not even need to "connect" with
overnet to get clients in his queue. :)

Looks like Emule has implemented source persistence and maybe source
propagation too... but why not an overnet-emule client ?

- MLDonkey

I was wrong . Emule uses an emule specific prtocol extension
for source propagation. So mldonkey doesn't propagate sources
to emule at least in 0.23a (and vice versa)
I don't understand, why they don't use the standard prot,
but I think mldonkey (as the less used client) may participate
in the emule extension.

Michael.