Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango20021208a better than 2.01

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango20021208a better than 2.01
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:45:07 +0100

>  BTW, why is the list lagging so much? :)

It is savannah's mail server, not ours :)

>  Let me ask one question about the project.
>  In the ChangeLog is noted from Simon, that you (Fabrice?) can't code
>  because of restrictions from your new employer.
>  Can you still manage the project? Who is coding?
>  Is Simon on this list (I hope?)

I can't code, but I review most modifications. I look at all patches
before they are applied, and I beta test all new versions, after the patches
have been applied. If there are bugs, I report them, often with a way
to solve them. Maybe another solution, instead of having Pango release
new non-official versions, would be to have him in the developpers of
the project, so that he can directly work on the CVS.

Maybe you experienced a bad behavior with 2.01, but most of it has
been already tested and used for one week, except the patches applied
on monday.

>  The hourly source/server removal is quite aggressive using CPU + Up + Down.
>  Every hour I have some minutes of non-responsive behaviour. In this time,
>  all downloads are slowed down to 0, all uploads too.
>
>  I think this is a disadvantage of the single-threaded mldonkey. The source
>  removal takes some time on my machine (1-2 minutes), and all other actions
>  are blocked.

The cost of the removal has also been increased when the black_list
port and ips patch has been applied. I will have a look at where
exactly is the time spent and how to solve this problem.

- MLDonkey