Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango20021208a better than 2.01

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] pango20021208a better than 2.01
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:12:47 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> >  Let me ask one question about the project.
> >  In the ChangeLog is noted from Simon, that you (Fabrice?) can't code
> >  because of restrictions from your new employer.
> >  Can you still manage the project? Who is coding?
> >  Is Simon on this list (I hope?)
>
> I can't code, but I review most modifications.

I'm curious about this, how can an employer restrict his workers' right to
do their own code. I mean, why can't you code in your free time?

Simon said something about intellectual property problems, but it's hard
to understand: does that mean that a worker's brain belongs to his
employer at full-time?

I don't want to start a flame-war on this subject, but I find this quite
curious... If not stupid :)

Take this example: Some guy works as a 'chef' in a restaurant, he cooks
and cooks at work, eight hours a day. But he isn't allowed to cook the
meal for his family and friends at home, because his boss ('le maƮtre' :P)
doesn't allow him to do so. Does this make any sense? Uh?

Greetings,

                                                        Sergio