Re: [Mldonkey-users] Questions about the edonkey protocol

From: Norbert LATAILLE
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Questions about the edonkey protocol
Date: 13 Dec 2002 18:00:24 +0100

> As far as I know the code, mldonkey makes no actual difference between
> incoming connections for downloads requested from lowid hosts (the hosts
> not reachable directly - only via a Query ID through their server) and
> normal upload requests of other hosts.
> Mldonkey issues for all incoming connections a QueryFile request (and
> gets the reply), a QueryChunks (and gets the reply) and a JoinQueue
> (and is queued at lowid hosts - or not...).
> The remote host that has started the connection then only accepts
> queue requests if it is a lowid host (at least emule does).
> Mldonkey does not schedule lowid hosts on a regular base (This could be
> possible with the lowid and the server address). It rather requests a
> callback (query_id) if indirect sources are received from a server.
>
> Another thing is, that every incoming upload request for a specific file
> is not added per default to the direct reachable locations of that file
> (their ip and port is given in the body of the connectreq). It only knows
> them as a indirect location.
> The client location may only be added if it understands the SourcesReq
> directive (opcode 250 (0xFA)) (which is not the case for emule) and gives
> it self as a source in the SourcesReply.
> See this behaviour in read_first_message |ConnectReq (that is the first
> protocol behaviour in mldonkey for all incoming connections).

Thank you for the explaination, I should should have explained why I
need such information.

In overnet, BCP of type "bcp://md4:ip:port" is sent when the source
sender is firewalled. The ip:port is the address of the "refering peer"
to which you can send an UDP request 0x18. It seems that the firwalled
client is then instructed to connect to your TCP port in order to upload
the file. According to your explainations, it seems that such firewalled
case could be added quit easyly to mldonkey. Do you agree ?

Norbert