[Mldonkey-users] Re: Availability and connections of paused files

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Availability and connections of paused files
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:39:45 +0100

Neil Sedger <address@hidden> wrote:

> 'after running recover_temp' - how long after? Could it be days after
> that it 'discovers' that I already have chunks?

Days, weeks, months.

> How does this happen? Does it need to be actively finding sources for
> the file to get it to 'discover'?

Yes.

After recover_temp, mldonkey only knows the size and the overall MD4. It
has to discover sources to get the chunk-MD4s.

> Does the core know if a file still has some discovering to do or if its
> discovered everything its going to discover?

After the core got all chunk-MD4s belonging to a file, it is done with
recovering that file. (Of course, it still has to download the bytes, if
they are not already present.)

S°

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
269: C