Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Availability and connections of paused files

From: Neil Sedger
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Availability and connections of paused files
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:55:06 +0000

Sven Hartge wrote:
crazee_canuck <address@hidden> wrote:

Wednesday, December 11, 2002, 9:55:08 PM, Neil wrote:

ALL of my 'paused' downloads have availability of 0.  However,
some of the paused downloads with 0% DLed and 0% available have a
long list of sources (on the right with file selected) and some
of these are in green and say 'connected'!  One of them even says
 'downloading'!?!

Is this possibly after running a recover_temp ?

This happens when the GUI "sees" bytes plopping up because the core realises which chunks are already present and increases the byte
counter for this file.

S°

hmm. Is there a way for the GUI to tell if a file is actually
downloading or if the core is discovering chunks on its own?

If not, maybe there should be...?

'after running recover_temp' - how long after? Could it be days after
that it 'discovers' that I already have chunks?
How does this happen? Does it need to be actively finding sources for
the file to get it to 'discover'?
Does the core know if a file still has some discovering to do or if its
discovered everything its going to discover?
If it does know, maybe
a) it should show up with a different status in the GUI
b) if that file is 'paused' it should still do what it needs to do to
'discover' all its chunks (without actually downloading anything).

I could have files sitting at 3%, and I've paused them in favour of
files that are at 90%, when in reality these files could have
'undiscovered' chunks sitting on my HD...

Also, none of this answers why a paused file had a list of sources and
some of them had sources connected or downloading!
Does anyone else get this?

Cheers
Neil