[Mldonkey-users] recover_temp and paused files

From: Neil Sedger
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] recover_temp and paused files
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:19:29 +0000

In a previous thread it was said that after a recover_temp files may show up as 0% downloaded when in fact there is some data here, but donkey doesn't know about it until it gets some info from sources of that file.
Then it will get a silly (e.g. 800k) download rate and its %age will go up.

It was also assumed that this wouldn't happen if the file was paused - since the network isn't searched for that source hence donkey will get no info on that file.

However, I'm sitting here right now watching a paused file go green and doing that downloading at a ludicrous rate thing.

Should it do this or is it a bug in my version of mldonkey (pango 2002-12-04a)?
...because I think mldonkey _should_ do all it can to rediscover local chunks of a paused file.

Maybe local files that are not fully discovered should get a different status/colour in the GUI - so then if the user wants to see how much of that file he actually has he could leave it on 'downloading' instead of 'paused'.

Or maybe there should be a parameter recover_local_chunks_for_paused_files (with a better name ;-)

Or maybe there should be another 'state' along with 'paused' and 'downloading' that will scan the network until it has a complete picture of the local file - whilst not actually downloading any of it - and then set its state to 'paused'. Maybe state called 'recover'?

?

Neil