[Mldonkey-users] Some code of emule source propagation..

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Some code of emule source propagation..
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 17:12:45 -0500

>Should I try to understand what you really mean ?

No, i was just talking of the emule code, not of yours! Pls take no offence.

>Yes, but there are probably some tests also to check if it is an eMule
>client before ? This part is implemented in BaseClient.cpp, where a
>special packet containing eMule protocol extension number is
>sent. This identification must probably be done before sending the
>source-propagation packets, no ?

Probably yes.. Looking at the sources i did not see something like send if
authentified client.. maybe i missed it.. i'll find some visual c++ cd and
look again at those sources.. I had in mind that if a client asks with a
special opcode, he knows what he is doing and will understand the answer..
But the authentification is quite possibly necessary with the emule spirit..

Guess i'll stop writing to the list when coming back from the bar at 5am ;)

-Stéphane