Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: here's a guy that I stupidly offended because

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: here's a guy that I stupidly offended because this wasn't clear
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 20:14:43 -0500

>> What do you think of this?

>Problem here: No ISP known to me provides access to the MBone service,
>only the big ones like CW, WorldCom, etc. did and only at high fees or
>bundled with a big pipe.

After reading again about those p2p apps that claim to do "multicast" most
of them use some sort of tree scheme, like junglemonkey, i found others too,
but they all use a "tree" or "grid" or whatever name, it's the same idea
that edonkey allways had with chunks, only those seems to be somehow
structured instead of using random propagation.

Ah crap, if we would had real multicasting, p2p would have been incredibly
fast ;)

-Stéphane