Re: [Mldonkey-users] Source management in 2.02-4

From: robber
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Source management in 2.02-4
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:52:17 +0100

At 12:52 11.01.2003 +0100, you wrote:

hi mldonkey-users,

  2.02-4 is doing fine on a test machine for about 1 hour now. But I
  have to say, that the memory consumption bug is still not fixed.
  Using "sources" I can see that the New Sources-Queue is getting
  bigger and bigger.

  The same problem exists in the last versions (except some pangos).

  We're receiving more sources than we can ever check (with the
  max_sources_per_client setting and so on).

i upgraded this morning to 2.02-4
shortly after startup i had around 5k new sources which got sorted out quite fast..
(i suppose they got "imported" from 2.02-0 instead from servers/propagation)

uptime is now 5,5h and sources shows
Queue[Immediat clients]: 0 sources
Queue[Good clients]: 627 sources
Queue[Concurrent Sources]: 249 sources
Queue[Old sources]: 129 sources
Queue[New sources]: 6 sources
Queue[sources]: 0 sources
Queue[Bad sources 1]: 5065 sources
Queue[Bad sources 2]: 280 sources
Queue[Bad sources 3]: 710 sources
Queue[Bad sources 4]: 914 sources
Queue[Bad sources]: 693 sources

Total number of sources:8673

so there quite few new sources and a lot of bad ones (what does 1-4 mean?)
i had the problem with lots of new sources with i think 2.02-2 and thus downgraded to -0...
maybe its a file specific problem?

mem+cpu usage also seem quite average (around 25mb with 4 downloads (and 2 paused ones)) the only strange thing i see is that mld seems to ignore max_sources? i got around 3k sources per file (limit is 1k)

the client_stats seem to be a bit unusual (high emule download, low upload) but that might be because of the fake mod and my low uptime..

robber