Re: [Mldonkey-users] Hippies and emule

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Hippies and emule
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:46:38 -0500

Hello Jarek,

> A realy big thx from my part. Its realy nice from your part to give us
that.
> You will see... eMule people will like you much more (i had never
somenthing
> against mlDonkey)

Not *every emuler* hates/despises mldonkey, i'm talking about most
loudmouths, devs and mod devs.

> I really salute how mldonkey react to eMule developpement
> Looks like some people here finally understood that mldonkey and eMule are
no it competition

Yeah, now try to make people "there" understand this.

> These are great news. I hope this will mean a new era of cooperation
between
> mldonkey and emule developers to get a stronger and more optimized network

> As  always,  there  were  a  few  negative replies, but, reaction was,
IMAO,
> positive.  I  think now's the best time to start some cooperation.
Moreover,
> the  behaviour  of  the  vanilla  edonkey/ON client is much, much, much
more
> arogant and stupid.

I really don't know on what you base yourself to say that eMule devs/mod
devs will no longer ignore and despise mldonkey.
But for shure now that Mr. Mldonkey releases the overnet proto specs in a
language anyone can understand they will be good boys for a little while so
they get help from ppl here that have experiences dealing with the overnet
proto.. Maybe they will stay friendly after.. We'll probably see about that.

-Stéphane