Re: [Mldonkey-users] Memory consumption

From: Taros666
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Memory consumption
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:56:16 +0100

Stephan Koch | DICON GmbH wrote:
I upgraded to mld 2.02-7 from cvs today, and so far it's running
smoothly. The only thing that worries me is the enormous amount of
memory that the mldonkey process uses - right now it's about 230 MB! I
remember some people on this list had a mem usage of about 80 megs...
Which is imho a lot but would still be acceptable...

There was an older version (think it was 2.00+pangosomething) that used
only 17 megs of memory - while the download rates were still quite ok.
My mldonkey runs on a redhat 7.2 box, kernel 2.4.7, ocaml 3.06. I am
d/ling 11 files right now, some of them very rare.

Sorry to tell everyone, that mem decreased from about 50MB to 17-20MB here. No leaks and everything fine while downloading 4 very popular files! (running 25 hours right now)

Taros666