[Mldonkey-users] Memory consumption

From: Stephan Koch | DICON GmbH
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Memory consumption
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:40:58 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: MLdonkey [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 13:48
To: Stephan Koch | DICON GmbH
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Memory consumption

The memory usage of mldonkey has always been a problem. We are currently
trying to debug this (the 'mem_stats' command will display more
information). In the meantime, we REALLY need more information on what
you have done to get such a memory usage. Can you reply to these
questions (and other on the list too if they have the same problem):

- Does mldonkey start with this memory usage, or does it increase
  slowly ?

Mem usage starts climbing up to 240 megs in the first 3 minutes...

- What do you do with mldonkey ?
 * which plugins do you use

Only donkey+overnet.

 * which kind of interactions do you have with mldonkey before it goes
     to that amount of memory:

None.

   - which interface do you use (gui, www, mldonkeywatch, telnet..)
       * do you use it a lot ?
       * do you reconnect often with the gui ?

telnet, mldonkeywatch. Doesn't have any (abnormal) impact on mem usage
imho.

   - how many files are you downloading
   - how many sources do you have ('sources' command)
   - what does 'mem_stats' say (only the last lines)

See attached file. *(didn't send that to the mailing list. If you want
the file, email me...) My downloads.ini is included there, too.
'sources' command gave me more than 50000 sources...
Maybe that could be part of the problem?

   - have you tried some searches ? do you have some friends (with
       listed files ?) do you use the results history ?
Nope. No.

   - is it increasing even without interaction ?

Yep.

These informations can lead us to understand where the memory leak is
coming from, before printing more debugging information ?

- MLDonkey