Re: [Mldonkey-users] OT: donitor question

From: Andreas Neiser
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] OT: donitor question
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:54:33 +0100

Goswin Brederlow <address@hidden> wrote:

> I installed donitor and like the output.
>
> But why does donitor create iptables rules for each and every
> connection my mldonkey has?
>
> Why not just make two rules matching the PID of mldonkey, one
> incoming, one outgoing?
>
> Looks to me like adding/removing 200-600 iptables rules every 2
> minutes is wastefull and slows down the network.

I have troubles with donitor, too. I installed it and let it run for one
night. The next morning I looked at the charts and just saw one peak which
was at the time I started donitor the last day (I think there was another
peak, but no colored area like on the homepage of donitor). So I deinstalled
donitor, I just deleted the directory. Now is my question: Does anybody know
the problem and have a solution? If not, does anybody know how to remove the
added iptables-rules?

Thank You

Andi