[Mldonkey-users] OT: donitor question

From: Goswin Brederlow
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] OT: donitor question
Date: 31 Jan 2003 14:29:11 +0100

Sven Hartge <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I know this is not exactly the correct list, but some of us here might
> be using donitor to gather some long time date of the behavior of
> mldonkey.
>
> But since the data gathering script is in perl and iptables isn't the
> fastest either, there sometimes might occur some hickups.
>
> I now discovered, one can speed up this process by 200% or even 400%. If
> you use perl 5.8.0 (or higher), try compiling the script with the
> perlcc.

I installed donitor and like the output.

But why does donitor create iptables rules for each and every
connection my mldonkey has?

Why not just make two rules matching the PID of mldonkey, one
incoming, one outgoing?

Looks to me like adding/removing 200-600 iptables rules every 2
minutes is wastefull and slows down the network.

MfG
        Goswin