Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem in Bittorrent

From: Sven Koch
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem in Bittorrent
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:52:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Thoran wrote:

> Error: f.scarywater.net: address not found
>
> I am running mlnet chrooted with MLDONKEY_CHROOT.  Thus, maybe the libc try
> to read /etc/resolv.conf (or other resources)  *after* mlnet chroots.
> I will try to copy  files like this one  in the jail to see if changes
> things.

Name-Resolution is not directly contained in glibc.

It uses /lib/libnss_*, configured by /etc/nsswitch.conf (and all the old
files like /etc/resolv.conv and more)

The libnss-Files are not loaded at program start-time, instead they are
loaded when the are to be used first. And even when statically compiled,
they are loaded dynamically (and a major pita if you use programs static
linked against different glibc versions)

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)