Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem in Bittorrent

From: b8_bavard
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problem in Bittorrent
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:59:03 +0200

>  It's working for me, too. But in the first place I forgot to
>  provide a resolv.conf file. Copying that file into the
>  chroot-environment solved all my

I just wanted to add that MLdonkey is programmed in Objective-Caml,
which is very different from C: in particular, there is no pointer
arithmetic possible, and everything is allocated in the heap, making
"buffer overflow" attacks (the most usual ones) impossible. Using it
in a chroot jail is, from my point of view, completely useless
(moreover, you can compile the code yourself to be sure that there is
no troyan added in the binaries...)

- b8_bavard (mldonkey)
Homepage: http://www.mldonkey.net/