[Mldonkey-users] Re: Compiling latest CVS in Debian/Sid

From: sylvain . le-gall
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Compiling latest CVS in Debian/Sid
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 13:30:40 +0200

Amaya writes:
Hi, Sylvain
Sylvain LE GALL dijo:
In fact, i have made a debian package of mldonkey. I haven't yet
upgrade to 2.4 ( i am at 2.4-rc1 but i have a lot of work for some
week and i haven't been able to upgrade my work ).

That's good. Let's give users a chance to have a stable version :-)
Have you considered packaging both stable and CVS versions?

Yes i think to package a CVS and a stable. But i just want ot upload
the stable to debian. The other will be in a more restricted repository.
The package contains manpages, init.d script, debconf script, some
patch to be compliant with binary program on debian. In fact, i think
i will upload it next week ( Jerome Marant @ debian.org has planned to
help me and to give me the chance to help me enter the debian).

Did you already file an ITP bug?
Do you take care of utils like kde-applet and mozilla url handler?
Is Jerome going to sponsor your packages or just advocate you in the NM
proccess? If you need help or a sponsor, I'll try to help you, no
problem about that.

Yes, there was a RFP, which i answered. But at this time i have problem
with my internet connection, and that is Godswin Brederlow which take
the ITP. A few time ago, i talk to Godswin in order to do a different
package, because i need to have a /etc/init.d/mldonkey-server... So it is not official but i have a sort of ITP on mldonkey.
I do not attempt to package kde-applet and mozilla handler, if you want i
can create a package with all the file needed to do it, i don't use kde
... Maybe you can take the package of this things.
Concerning NM, i will begin it with the upload of mldonkey. I think Jerome
Marant will help me ( but thanks for the proposal )
It remains only 2 errors with my package : rpath encoded in binary.

Yes, I also get that one ;-)
Take a look at:
http://lintian.debian.org/reports/Tbinary-or-shlib-defines-rpath.html
for more info on this: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath
    The binary or shared library defines the `RPATH'. Usually this is a
    bad thing. Most likely you will find a Makefile with a line like:
    gcc test.o -o test -Wl,--rpath
    or
gcc test.o -o test -R/usr/local/lib I guess you'll have to touch the makefiles.

Nop, it is lying inside the ocaml compiler. There was a discussion about
that in debian-ocaml-maint. I will pass a particular program which remove
this rpath in the next release.

If you want to take a look at my package, go to
http://perso.enst.fr/~legall/debian/

I will, I may have suggestions, such us an /etc/default/mldonkey file in
order to have a working mldonkey_submit script. Interesting weekend ahead! ;-)

I will wait for any suggestion.

If you want to help me by providing me some informations it will be
great.

Sure! I'm very interested in having a great mldonkey package into
Debian. It's been my toy and I have enjoyed a lot playing with it and
fighting CVS breakage ;-), but I never wanted to upload it into the
archive, not enough spare time, I'm afraid.
I mailed the users mailing list beacuse I have seen posts regarding
compile problems in Debian and wanted to be of some help. Still, ugly
hacks are ugly and a decent package would be a blessing :-)

Concerning help, i need to know if somebody can do a proper chroot ( with
the builtin feature ). I have problem using this in conjonction of
run_as_user

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL