[Mldonkey-users] RE: Mldonkey and anonymity

From: Spirit Ghostwalker
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] RE: Mldonkey and anonymity
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 05:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

I think anonymity is a big problem with edonkey.
If I understand the system, people that want to find
out about what you do on the donkey network simple
need to look for your client md4 and can identify you
no matter if your ip changed or you stay off the net
for some time.
The emule credit system is a very bad idea in this
context since it forces the users to keep one client
md4 in order to keep their credits with the clients.

I would suggest an option in mldonkey to change the
md4 (as well as the username) automatically in a
certain time period. The user can then decide if
loosing some of his credits is worth the additional
anonymity.

spirit