Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problems compiling the current developement version

From: Christian Lange
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Problems compiling the current developement version
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:58:29 +0200

Hallo,

> So I ran make which ended with

> ocamlopt.opt -inline 10    -I src/utils/cdk  -I src/daemon/chat
> -I src/utils/lib  -I src/utils/net  -I tools  -I src/networks/multinet
> -I src/daemon/common  -I src/daemon/driver  -I src/utils/mp3tagui
> -I src/config/unix  -I src/gtk/gui  -I src/gtk/gui2
> -I src/gtk/configwin  -I src/gtk/okey  -I src/gtk/gpattern
> -I icons/kde  -I +lablgtk  -I src/im  -I src/im/yahoo  -I src/im/irc
> -I src/networks/multinet  -I src/networks/direct_connect
> -I src/networks/opennap  -I src/networks/gnutella
> -I src/networks/gnutella2  -I src/networks/fasttrack
> -I src/networks/bittorrent  -I src/networks/donkey
> -I src/networks/soulseek -c src/utils/lib/options.ml
> The implementation src/utils/lib/options.ml
> does not match the interface src/utils/lib/options.cmi:
> The field `iter_section' is required but not provided
> The field `iter_file' is required but not provided
> The field `section_name' is required but not provided
> The field `strings_of_section_options' is required but not provided
> The field `sections' is required but not provided
> The field `set_option_desc' is required but not provided
> The field `restore_default' is required but not provided
> The field `advanced' is required but not provided
> The field `define_expert_option' is required but not provided
> The field `file_section' is required but not provided
> The field `option_info' is required but not provided
> The field `options_section' is required but not provided
> make: *** [src/utils/lib/options.cmx] Error 2

> What's going wrong?

Somehow they managed to mess up the CVS. Removing src/utils/lib and a
fresh update worked for me, but a checkout to an empty directory may be
better. Also note that using threads doesn't seem to work ATM because of
a missing function.

> Oh. And now that I'm writing anyway: Does somebody know how the new GUI
> which is obviously written in Java could be compiled to a single .EXE
> under Windows (in Linux I know of gcj, but I don't think, this works
> under windows. Or does it?)

A port of gcj for windows exists, have a look at www.mingw.org.

 - Christian Lange, Berlin