[Mldonkey-users] edonkey network question

From: Juan C. Gallardo
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] edonkey network question
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:57:25 +0900

Hello to everyone,

I've been using MLdonkey since a couple of days, and despite I'm happy with the results, and specially with the g2gui, I have a  performance question to other users.

My Internet provider is kind of fast, and when I use kazaa on windows, or Bittorrent (not through MLdonkey) the downloads get up to 120K/s.

In MLdonkey bittorrent gets close to 80k/s, and nothing from the fasttrack network gets even to 60k/s (it's kind of a miracle if it goes beyond 20k/s), but the biggest problem is the edonkey networlk.

Normally most of the files from edonkey are difficult to download, they have low availability, and the fastest speed that I have achieve is close to 20 k/s.

So I'm guessing that I can have a setting problem, but MLdonkey has so many parameter that I don't understand that I don't have idea even what to show to the list.

So, in the case that this is a weird performance from the edonkey network, can you advice me to "tune-up" my settings?.

Thanks in advance

Juan