[Mldonkey-users] Re: edonkey network question

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: edonkey network question
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:21:51 +0200

"Juan C. Gallardo" <address@hidden> wrote:

> So I'm guessing that I can have a setting problem, but MLdonkey has so
> many parameter that I don't understand that I don't have idea even what
> to show to the list.

First of all: Don't _ever_ set max_connections to more than 200.  If
you, for example, use 800, mldonkey will open many connections to peers,
but because of the high network load, it won't be able to complete a
single one, thus leading to very low download speeds.

It doesn't matter if you're on a 128_K_bit/s or 622_M_bit/s link, the linux
system won't cope with more than about 200 connections.

Second: 500 sources per file are more than sufficient.

Third: Use the reliable_sources setting.

S°

--
Erst wenn man eine Person verloren hat, erkennt man ihren wahren Wert.