Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: edonkey network question

From: Marc Thoben
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: edonkey network question
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:21:29 +0200

Hi there,

On 27th of September 2003 at 16:47:23, Martin wrote:

> Ken Bradshaw wrote...
> > less efficiently. In my tests the best values seems around 100.
> > Just try to raise/lower max_opened_connections and log the total dl
> > bandwidth, it will be quite obvious
>
> I can confirm that...depending on how many files i download i raise
> the max_opened_connections up to 200....but never above...
> with only a few files in the queue i keep it at 150... this gives me
> the best results...

Hmm, maybe I should try 200 again, but this far I'm doing fine with
400.

Sometime ago I started with 1000 and lowered it step by step until I
got rid of lag. That happened at 400 max_opened and 200
max_indirect, 8kb upload and 70kb download with 500
sources_per_file. As long as I don't download a bittorrent file, I
can even use ohphone/gnomemeeting with less than 200ms delay, by
temporarily lowering upload to 5kb. That is with german telekom adsl
768/128 (60-70 ms to next non-telekom hop).

A friend of mine is blessed with 2048/512 cable by ish (local
provider) and is doing pretty good with 800 max_opened.

Thus I think, you guys/girls are too conservative ;)

Regards,
Marc