Re: [Mldonkey-users] client_ip setting

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] client_ip setting
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:47:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

> So, I have 3 possible IP addresses:
> 1. My ADSL dynamic IP
> 2. My Private IP on the openvpn link to the server.
> 3. The server's fixed IP.
> Which one should I use for client_ip.  Should I use the force_client_ip
> parameter?

You shouldn't set a client_ip and force_client_ip at all.

The client receives it's public IP address from the first server connected to
with a high-id. So,
your mldonkey should talk with the public IP of your server. Mldonkey should
already behave like
that and accept the IP given by the first server connected to.

If you still want to set your ip address, use this:
client_ip = <openvpn servers fixed public ip>
force_client_ip = true

cheers
roland