Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: 2516 -> 2526

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: 2516 -> 2526
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:46:25 -0500

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 00:52 +0200, spiralvoice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Do 12 Aug 2004 08:55:09p Curtis Magyar wrote:
>
> > 1) The most recent tarball available is 2.5-21, and the diff's
> > leading up to 2.5-27 are quite confusing to try to automate the
> > process.  For example:
>
> this diffs are inofficial, I made them by hand, not automated. They
> served for me the purpose of comparing what changed in a release. I
> never tested them if they can be applied.

Fair enough.  Would you like some new patches?

> Somewhere on Savannah I read that the -r tag does not work, if it is
> still the case for you then the bug still exists. Your only chance is
> to use the date tag to distinguish the different releases. But if it
> helps you I can put a tarball of 2-5-27 online... I deleted the older
> CVS trees already here, still kept the diffs;-)

I can't image how -r would not work, and they still have a functioning
CVS.  It seems to be working fine here.  Yesterday I made a few attempts
at creating a 2.5-27 ebuild, with no luck at all.  Having a tarball to
fetch would make it trivial.

As it stands, the latest version in portage is 2.5.22 with patchpack A,
and the lack of a tarball is whats holding them back.  The problem is,
*everyone* uses ~x86, and emerging net-p2p/mldonkey right now, gives you
a very broken client.  It really needs to be 27, or 16.  I vote for 16
as stable, and 27 in package.mask, with a short bit of text telling
people that 27 is available to them if they want it during the
src_unpack of 16.  What do you think?

--
Curtis Magyar