Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: 2516 -> 2526

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: 2516 -> 2526
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 14:52:04 -0500

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 19:59 +0200, spiralvoice wrote:
> Curtis Magyar wrote:
> > A tarball for each release would be just awesome.  Any chance you could
> > put one up on berlios for 2.5-27?
>
> http://ftp.berlios.de/pub/mldonkey/spiralvoice/cvs/

Thanks very much.  I got your comment on the Gentoo bugzilla too.

I just have a couple things to nitpick though of course.  Heh

1) The filename 'mldonkey-2.5-27.tar.bz2', requires some nasty parameter
expansion because of the '-' in the version number.  The other tarballs
are 'mldonkey-2.5.X.tar.gz', which portage likes very much.  I'm sure it
would make things easier if you stuck with that naming scheme.  I made
myself an ebuild to test it, and used:

  MY_PV=${PV:0:3}-${PV:4}

Which is an ugly hack that tells bash to put the - in place of the
second . in our ebuild version number.

2)  All the previous tarballs contain a tree like this:
  mldonkey-2.5.21/
  mldonkey-2.5.21/.depend.mingw
  mldonkey-2.5.21/build/
  mldonkey-2.5.21/build/.cvsignore
  mldonkey-2.5.21/config/
[SNIP]

And this one goes like:
  ./
  ./CVS/
  ./CVS/Root
  ./CVS/Repository
  ./CVS/Entries
  ./.cvsignore
  ./ChangeLog
  ./Copying.txt
[SNIP]

Which isn't a huge deal, it just complicates things by being
inconsistent.

Other than that, it looks pretty good.  I'll attach it in case anyone
wants to take a look and tell me if I've done something wrong.  I'm
definitely not an ebuild guru.

--
Curtis Magyar

# Copyright 1999-2004 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/net-p2p/mldonkey/mldonkey-2.5.21-r2.ebuild,v
1.7 2004/07/27 13:14:20 kang Exp $

inherit eutils

IUSE="gtk"
MY_PV=${PV:0:3}-${PV:4}
S=${WORKDIR}
DESCRIPTION="mldonkey is a new client to access the eDonkey network. It is
written in Objective-Caml, and comes with its own GTK GUI, an HTTP interface
and a telnet interface."
HOMEPAGE="http://www.nongnu.org/mldonkey/";
SRC_URI="http://ftp.berlios.de/pub/mldonkey/spiralvoice/cvs/${PN}-${MY_PV}.tar.bz2

http://download.berlios.de/pub/mldonkey/spiralvoice/patchpacks/patch_pack27b.gz";

LICENSE="GPL-2"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~x86"

RDEPEND="gtk? ( >=dev-ml/lablgtk-1.2.7 )
        >=dev-lang/ocaml-3.08
        dev-lang/perl
        net-misc/wget"

DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
        >=sys-devel/autoconf-2.58"

MLUSER="p2p"

src_unpack() {
        unpack "${PN}-${MY_PV}.tar.bz2"

        #Don't change this, unless you know what you are doing
        gzip -dc ${DISTDIR}/patch_pack27b.gz | patch -p0 || die
        export WANT_AUTOCONF=2.5
        cd config; autoconf; cd ..
}

src_compile() {
        use gtk || export GTK_CONFIG="no"
        cd ${S}
        # the dirs are not (yet) used, but it doesn't hurt to specify them
anyway
        econf \
                --sysconfdir=/etc/mldonkey \
                --sharedstatedir=/var/mldonkey \
                --localstatedir=/var/mldonkey \
                --enable-batch \
                --enable-checks \
                --enable-pthread || die
        export OCAMLRUNPARAM="l=256M"
        emake || die
}

src_install() {
        cd ${S}

        dobin mlnet
        use gtk && dobin mlchat mlgui mlguistarter mlim mlnet+gui
        dobin ${FILESDIR}/mldonkey

        dodoc ChangeLog Copying.txt Developers.txt Install.txt
        cd ${S}/distrib
        dodoc ChangeLog Authors.txt Bugs.txt Copying.txt Developers.txt
Install.txt Readme.txt Todo.txt ed2k_links.txt
        dohtml FAQ.html

        insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}/scripts
        doins kill_mldonkey mldonkey_command mldonkey_previewer

        insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}/distrib
        doins directconnect.ini

        cd ${S}/docs
        dodoc *.txt *.tex *.pdf
        dohtml *.html

        cd ${S}/docs/developers
        dodoc *.txt *.tex

        cd ${S}/docs/images
        insinto /usr/share/doc/${PF}/html/images
        doins *

        insinto /etc/conf.d; newins ${FILESDIR}/mldonkey.confd mldonkey
        exeinto /etc/init.d; newexe ${FILESDIR}/mldonkey.initd mldonkey
}

pkg_preinst() {
        enewuser ${MLUSER} -1 /bin/bash /home/p2p users
}

pkg_postinst() {
        echo
        einfo "Running \`mldonkey' will start the server inside ~/.mldonkey/"
        einfo "If you want to start mldonkey in a particular working directory,"
        einfo "use the \`mlnet' command."
        einfo "If you want to start mldonkey as a system service, use"
        einfo "the /etc/init.d/mldonkey script. To control bandwidth, use"
        einfo "the 'slow' and 'fast' arguments. Be sure to have a look at"
        einfo "/etc/conf.d/mldonkey also."
        echo
}