modcaml

Re : [Modcaml] Installing mod_caml on MacOS X panther

From: Stephany Francois
Subject: Re : [Modcaml] Installing mod_caml on MacOS X panther
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:18:55 +0200

So I also try to add at the end of this list : AddModule mod_caml.c
But it doesn't work:

ibookG4:/var/log/httpd userg4$ sudo /usr/sbin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 287 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'mod_caml.c': not in list of loaded modules
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

This error message seems to indicate that the first LoadModule didn't
work, or wasn't being found.  I suspect that you may be adding
LoadModule to the wrong file.

The permissions on the mod_caml.so were wrong so i've done the correct chmod on it... but it doesn't work too :(

  You could try adding it to the
httpd.conf file directly; also make sure it appears before the first
CamlLoad command.

Rich.

The LoadModule appears before the CamlLoad in my httpd.conf...

It's "bizarre", in your list of module the "AddModule" are before the LoadModule, it's completely the opposite of the mine ( LoadModule before AddModule)

My version of Apache is the 1.3.33...

I'll try tomorrow on my debian desktop computer tomorrow

Thanks for your help ;)

Francois