nano-devel

Re: Nano 4.6 eats this line

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: Nano 4.6 eats this line
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:21:19 -0700

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 20:41:07 +0100 (CET)
Seb <address@hidden> wrote:

> set breaklonglines
> set quotestr "^([   ]*([#%:<>|}\]|//))+"

I am now able to reproduce.

Tabbing/spacing on the first 'p' leaves the "        \" on first line and
duplicates the entire line to second line, with a tab/space between \ and p.
I'm guessing this is normal justify behavior.

Tabbing/spacing anywhere before the 'p' moves the cursor to a position as if
the above justification had happened, but all text that should be on those two
lines is gone. Text on lines before or after the modified line remains. Undo
doesn't bring the text back, but it once displayed random text, which could
result in a crash.

It also happens when inserting whitespace at the end of that line.
If either of the two justified lines would be all whitespace, it removes all
text from both lines, except for the indent whitespace.

My terminal has 8 wide tabs and it happens with or without tabsize=4 in nanorc.

Removing the whitespace from quotestr fixes it.