nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] [Patch #49] group handling optimization + qualifie

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] [Patch #49] group handling optimization + qualifiers
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:14:51 +0100

Guillaume Morin writes:

 > I've seen that you've implemented some kind of caching. I was thinking
 > about that at a moment. But that seems to be "over" the NSS API. I am
 > sure that a NSS module should implement this.. What do you think ?

        This is an interesting idea. One could patch nscd so that it
caches sequential walk in addition to lookups. At present nscd does not
do this. When a sequential walk (setgrent/getgrent) is done, nscd leaves
it to the corresponding nsswitch module. I double checked that to be
sure ;-)

        Note that the cache I implemented is solely used in the case
of a sequential walk. It is not used for any other purpose.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden