nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] 0.34.0, groups & automake

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] 0.34.0, groups & automake
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 18:19:20 +0100

        Hi,

        I commited the changes described in my previous mails. I'd be
grateful if people could test them. I did test them myself (using
the sample.sql file in which I changed all passwords to "pass" &
documented this) but...

        Regarding the change of semantic in the configuration file
(only fully qualified field names from now on), I abandonned the idea
of a script to automatically convert configuration files. It will bring
more troubles than solutions.

        Instead I implemented versioning for the configuration files and
very explicit error messages.

        conf.version = 2;

        says that the configuration file is current (configure.in defines
the configuration file version). Missing this line it assumes:

        conf.version = 1;

        And will log the following to /var/log/auth.log :

/etc/nss-mysql.conf is a file without a conf.version line and is
therefore a configuration file version 1. You must upgrade it to
version 2 by doing the following: A) Replace ALL field names by fully
qualified field names. For instance if you have users.uid_column =
uid; replace it with users.uid_column = user.uid; provided "user" is
the table name. B) Add a conf.version = 2; line somewhere in this file
so that the parser is aware that you took care of the conversion.

        Thanks to automake the distribution tarbal can now be generated
by running:

        make distcheck

        Converting to automake/libtool has a minor drawback. You must
now configure with

        ./configure --sysconfdir=/etc

        if you want the configuration files to be installed at the
proper location. I documented this.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden