nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] 0.34.0, groups & automake

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] 0.34.0, groups & automake
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:15:59 +0100

Guillaume Morin writes:
 > Dans un message du 09 nov à 18:19, Loic Dachary écrivait :
 > >    I commited the changes described in my previous mails. I'd be
 > > grateful if people could test them. I did test them myself (using
 > > the sample.sql file in which I changed all passwords to "pass" &
 > > documented this) but...
 >
 > I'd like to test it but
 >
 > address@hidden:~/dev/c/nss-mysql$ automake
 > automake: configure.in: required file `./install-sh' not found
 > automake: configure.in: required file `./mkinstalldirs' not found
 > automake: configure.in: required file `./missing' not found
 > configure.in: 44: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found
 > configure.in: 44: required file `./config.guess' not found
 > configure.in: 44: required file `./config.sub' not found
 > automake: configure.in: required file `./config.guess' not found
 > automake: configure.in: required file `./config.sub' not found
 > configure.in: 36: required file `./config.h.in' not found
 > address@hidden:~/dev/c/nss-mysql$
 >
 > Is that normal ?
 >
 > After this, if I do
 >
 > address@hidden:~/dev/c/nss-mysql$ autoheader && autoconf
 > address@hidden:~/dev/c/nss-mysql$ ./configure
 > creating cache ./config.cache
 > ./configure: line 532: syntax error near unexpected token
 > `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(uri,'
 > ./configure: line 532: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(uri, $VERSION)'
 > address@hidden:~/dev/c/nss-mysql$
 >
 > Could you explain me what I do wrong ? (sorry automake newbie)

        I forgot to say that I added the

        autogen.sh

        script that calls automake/libtoolize/aclocal/autoheader/autoconf
with the proper arguments and in the proper order.

        I personally prefer to commit the files generated by these tools
to avoid that kind of nuisance. Also, some contributors know nothing
about automake & friends or have obsolete versions. Commiting the files
helps a lot in that respect. However, since you did not commit the
generated files in the first place, I respected that choice and wrote
autogen.sh instead.

 > Could you add a little note to UPGRADE about your changes too ?

        Done.

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden