nss-mysql-devel

[Nss-mysql-devel] Possible bug in nss-mysql 1.0

From: Nicklas Bondesson
Subject: [Nss-mysql-devel] Possible bug in nss-mysql 1.0
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:06:19 +0200

Hello,

I think I have found a bug in nss-mysql 1.0: mysqld crashes when nss-mysql in enabled in /etc/nsswitch.conf during startup of mysqld.

System:
Debian 3.0 Woody
MySQL: 4.1.10a setup in a MySLQ Cluster environment (1 management server, 2 storage nodes, 3 api nodes).

To make a long story short I will try to explain the problem below.

If I enable the nss-mysql in /etc/nswitch.conf and mysqld is already running everyting works fine. However if i restart the mysqld it crashes with the following error:

New value of fp=(nil) failed sanity check, terminating stack trace!

If i then disable the nss-mysql from within nsswitch.conf and start up mysqld everthing works.

Any clues?

I can provide you with stack trace logs if you want to see them.

Thanks

Nicklas