nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql-root.conf

From: Nick De Decker
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql-root.conf
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:47:36 +0200

Hi,

i tried it again but doesnt work :(
i get the following in /var/log/messages

Jun 19 22:32:54 etna sshd(pam_unix)[523]: authentication failure; logname=
uid=0 euid=0 tty=NODEVssh ruser= rhost=kaluga.i-visio
n.be  user=ndedecke
Jun 19 22:32:57 etna sshd[523]: Failed password for ndedecke from
192.168.1.50 port 3406

(same error as when i enter an invalid password for a user in /etc/passwd)

However it does know about the user... when i try a user that isnt in
mysql-db or passwd i get this:

Jun 19 20:44:51 etna sshd[533]: Failed password for illegal user
klsdlksdklsd from 192.168.1.50 port 3409
Jun 19 20:44:56 etna sshd[533]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection
reset by peer

So it's just the password authentication that fails :(
my /etc/nss-mysql-root.conf contains the following:
address@hidden /etc/pam.d# cat /etc/nss-mysql-root.conf
conf.version = 2;
shadow.host = unix:/var/ivweb/mysql/mysql.sock;

shadow.database = nss_mysql;
shadow.db_user = nss-shadow;
shadow.db_password = testing;

shadow.table = user;
shadow.where_clause = user.status = 1;
shadow.userid_column = user.user_id;
shadow.user_column = user.user_name;
shadow.password_column = user.password;
shadow.lastchange_column = user.lastchange;
shadow.min_column = user.min;
shadow.max_column = user.max;
shadow.warn_column = user.warn;
shadow.inact_column = user.inact;
shadow.expire_column = user.expire;

i can login to the nss_mysql db with user nss-shadow from localhost and pass
"testing"
there i can select columns: status,user_id, user_name, password, lastchange,
min, max, warn, inact, expire.

So i guess this must be ok, right ?

Any tips :)

Nick