nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql +sshd

From: Erik Grinaker
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql +sshd
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:01:20 +0100

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 10:26, Nenad Perić wrote:
> When you configure your system to check for the passwords in the mysql
> database, sshd automaticaly does the same. I have made that work on my
> system. It was just connecting the system to interact with the database.
> When your login prompt on the system asks the database for the password,
> and you succesfuly log in, sshd should do the same without a problem.

I believe this is related to PAM. SSH may have a different PAM
configuration than the rest of the system - check your configurations in
/etc/pam.d/.

Make sure that the sshd config somehow calls the pam_mysql module (your
system-auth config, or whatever your distro calls it, should be
configured to do it - look at it for hints).

--
Erik Grinaker <address@hidden>
http://erikg.wired-networks.net/

enthusiastic about."