nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql +sshd

From: Andreas J. Guelzow
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql +sshd
Date: 22 Feb 2004 10:24:39 -0700

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 02:49, Phillip Cockrell wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 20:12 -0700, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 18:41, Phillip Cockrell wrote:
> > > I think this is PAM related, I have nss-mysql working locally, but it
> > > doesn't even attempt to work with SSHD. When I try to use pam_mysql
> >
> > Hi Phillip,
> >
> > if you use nss-mysql, you should not need pam_mysql. I assume you are
> > using pam, so nss-mysql is used as part of pam_unix.so.
>
> Ok--
>
> I have removed pam_mysql and I am looking at /etc/pam.d/ssh and I see
> the following:
>
> auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> auth       required     pam_shells.so
> auth       required     pam_nologin.so
> account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
> session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
>

> What does yours look like?

Our ssh file looks quite different:

auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_env.so
@include common-auth
@include common-account
@include common-session
session    optional     pam_motd.so
session    optional     pam_mail.so standard noenv
@include common-password

but of course the @include lines in our configuration correspond to your
pam_stack.so entries.

Since your regular logins work, what matters more is how your ssh file
differs from your login file (used for console logins). Your ssh file
essentially says that all the meat is in the /etc/pam.d/system-auth
file.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences