nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql on debian stable

From: Jason Clifford
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql on debian stable
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:21:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Mario Ohnewald wrote:

> I hope still are still somehow subscribed to it, since it looks dead :P

Nope, it's just that nobody else has problems ;)

> I have install ed libnss-mysql (0.35-1) and edited
> /etc/nss-mysql-root.conf and /etc/nss-mysql.conf
> Then i have adjusted nsswitch.conf:
> passwd:         compat mysql
> group:          compat mysql
> shadow:         compat mysql
>
> But if i try to su, ssh, or id to a user, then it doesnt work.
> Not errors in syslog, messages or any mysql traffic on my interface.

What do your logs say?

Check in /var/log/syslog and /var/log/auth.log for any entries relating to
nss.

Also check that mysql is running and that the mysqld.sock socket is where
nss_mysql expects it to be.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/      ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month