nufw-users

Re : RE: [Nufw-users] ACL -> NAT

From: david . bebel
Subject: Re : RE: [Nufw-users] ACL -> NAT
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:38:46 +0000 (GMT)

Hello!

> The problem is that the source port can also be changed by the
> firewall(on the box). Thus a simple change of the source IP is not
> enough.But it could be enough in small scale network where source
> port isnot
> changed.

=> My friens don't do this (for others...)

> There is a security issue when running NuFW over an untrusted network,
> see :
> http://www.nufw.org/eficaas/eficaas_algo_proof.pdf
> If you are ready to take the risk then your solution should work in
> mostcases.

=> Ok it isn't perfect but between this and nothing (just iptables) it's always more secure.
> You can have a look at function userpckt_decode in user_authsrv.c line
> 456 and below...

=> The modif is easy same for a nexbie of C as me. It's easy to put a : if option it's always true. I have to find how variables of nuauth.conf are done.
=> problem: for comil, I have to wait Etch Come on baby...

Thanks for reply.

David bebel