nuxeo-localizer

RE: [Nuxeo-localizer] robot / spider and Localizer

From: Olivier Nibart
Subject: RE: [Nuxeo-localizer] robot / spider and Localizer
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:52:16 +0100

I use that tip and I'm happy with it.

I'm questioning myself, tough :
After being indexed by a search engine, a user can find a url of type
http://my.domain/fr/mypage , then go to that page, reading it in fr (in that
case).

But what if the guy then wants it in another available language, using the
classic changeLanguage  ?

Here what happens :
As accept_path comes before accept_cookies (and it neeeds to be like that
for all the previous behaviour to work), the language stored in the cookie
will change, but not the page the user is reading, beacause the *fr* will
remain in the url. The rest of the site will be read in the choosen language
however, (because links to the pages will probably not includes that *fr*).

But the user can be very suprised and consider your site as not working
properly.

I didn't do anything to fix that for now, but I think I should do something
that removes the *fr* (on whatever language code) from the url when
changeLanguage is called (because it a user action and I consider it must
then takes precedence).

any comments ?

Olivier Nibart