nuxeo-localizer

RE: [Nuxeo-localizer] robot / spider and Localizer

From: Luistxo Fernandez
Subject: RE: [Nuxeo-localizer] robot / spider and Localizer
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:41:13 +0100

>I use that tip and I'm happy with it.
>
>I'm questioning myself, tough :
>After being indexed by a search engine, a user can find a url of type
>http://my.domain/fr/mypage , then go to that page, reading it in fr (in that
>case).
>
>But what if the guy then wants it in another available language, using the
>classic changeLanguage  ?

(...)

>But the user can be very suprised and consider your site as not working
>properly.

This happens actually. We´ve received feedback from surprised users.
I don't see an easy and clever solution in sight, for now.

On the other hand, Localizer 1.0 has a new feature. The 'goto' parameter. It
was added by JDavid after we at Code & Syntax asked for it. This lets you
change the language parameter and redirect the user, not to the same page, but
to another.

Now, when you are in
http://my.domain seeing it in French, and change language clicking in
http://my,domain/Localizer/changeLanguage?lang=en and you are again at
http://my.domain but seeing the English locale.

With the goto parameter you can change the language and redirect. You are at
http://my.domain seeing it in French, change language clicking in
http://my,domain/Localizer/changeLanguage?lang=en&goto=/SpecialContent
and the user goes to http://my.domain/SpecialContent with the locale in English.

I know of a couple of use-cases when this is helpful. I will try to document
that and update de Tip page at
http://www.zope.org/Members/CodeSyntax/DTML_Localizer

Luistxo