nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Japanese And Chinese do not work

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Japanese And Chinese do not work
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:19:43 +0100

The chinese translations in the message catalog look right? If
they do the copy and paste worked.

I have tested it with Mozilla 1.3 in my Debian GNU/Linux and it
worked fine.

Maybe it worked for you too, but your site doesn't displays the
characters right because you don't use the right encoding. I have
looked at jobmart and the encoding is latin 1, try with UTF-8:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/html; charset=UTF-8')">

address@hidden wrote:

So I am using altavista babel fish to do the initial translation into about 9
languages, including Japanese and Chinese.

So I type the english words into babelfish, click on translate to Japanese, then
copy the Kanji into my my message catalogue.
Same for Chinese.

Then when I try to display in dmtl, all the languages work except chinese and
japanese.

Any ideas what I should be doing. I do believe that Chinese is the largest market for my services at jobmart.com, so I would like to get this to work.

Regards
Christopher Lozinski