Re: nope! still fresh

From: Knos
Subject: Re: nope! still fresh
Date: Mon Oct 30 10:51:01 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:11:31 -0500
David O'Toole <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey all. I'd like to say that the project is _not_ dead, it's just been
> temporarily quiet as things have been hectic and I've had some other
> work (building the software for an online electronic music magazine,
> doing shows and traveling.) I've kind of got the fire under me to finish
> it now, I just did 2 shows in NYC with "that other software" for windows
> and I was again frustrated by its limitations that I hope to fix with
> Octal. I'm pretty excited to get back into heavy development on this,
> and with winter coming (we had our first 1/2 inch of snow last night as
> I drove back from New York) I think I'll have lots of
> blizzard-staying-indoors-and-coding time :-) :-)

damn I'm a frenchman in finland and we still haven't got our first snow ;)

<ยท...>
> Here are a couple things:
>
> 1. I'd like to make a couple tiny revisions to the 0.5 api and release
> an 0.6 document. Mostly stuff related to preventing "zipper effect" in
> fades and control data.

Yes! This problem must definitely be worked on. Sadly our pattern oriented
structures are playing a bit against us because there's no way to say if
a given value is 'instant' (to be interpreted as an instant move) or part
of a global move (that you could interpolate the interpolated values)

> I know it's been slow lately but I hope people are still interested in
> seeing this fly... and for the machines, which do the real work of
> octal, the developer community is the basis of the whole thing :-). So I
> hope this answers your question Nicolas.

Yes completly :)

-Nicolas Leveille (Knos)