5.1 format

From: Jared
Subject: 5.1 format
Date: Sat Feb 17 01:00:02 2001

Hey guys,
        Just a question on whether or not Octal will support 5.1 natively
or through a plug-in/machine?  Can we even get our hands on the dolby
digital (I think its the same as AC-3) code?  I know its not terribly
important to have, though it would be kinda neat, imagine the real cool
swirly tracker effects you could have!  I don't know how much work it
would involve to implement 5.1, but I just thought I might voice the
idea...