Re: sampler

From: joost diepenmaat
Subject: Re: sampler
Date: Tue Mar 13 04:36:01 2001

address@hidden wrote:

> I've been thinking about the sampler machine / wavetable. I don't know
> what your plans are for this, but I have a few ideas.  I like how
> Impulse Tracker handles instruments, so my idea is similar to that.
>
> There could be a global wavetable, with each entry having the
> visible parameters

One of the things i really missed in buzz was an easy way to fine-tune
your samples. I know you can do this externally - resampling the file,
but sometimes you just need to detune a few things or time a loop.

What about including both these methods for tuning samples (I mean
setting the middle-c rate, no need to resample I guess):

1. set the middle-c rate by means of a slider (or entering by number).
2. set the middle-c rate by entering a note (like f#3) and a fine-tune
   button.

Now that i'm thinking about it, 1 and 2 could probably just set each
other,
so that when you use the 1. slider, you can see which 'note' this rate
represents (when midddle-c == sample default rate as provided by the
info in the sample file)

greets,
Joost.

--
Joost Diepenmaat - Software Engineer - address@hidden
"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."- Al Gore