Re: benchmarks - sort

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: benchmarks - sort
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:48:13 +0100

Thomas,

I've written my sorting code as a patch against octave-forge with the idea
that it might be included in this weekends release. There are still some
possible improvements, but frankly it performs pretty well, is compatiable
with the behaviour of the default Octave sort code (include complex), and
has been tested for correctness (see testsort.m).

The problem is the sourceforge CVS seems to be down at the moment, and so
I can't commit this patch. For interest I attach it here and if I can't commit
by this weekend I hope Paul will include this code for me before he does a
code release.

In any case, having this function in octave-forge is a pretty good test of
its functionality, when many users get to see it. After a bit of testing
perhaps JWE might accept the code into Octave itself...

Regards
David

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary